What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- The Mabel Project
- Jason Goroncy
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Living a Different Story
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- Holy Wars - How The Australian targets and attacks its enemies bit.ly/2wvuh2W 1 hour ago
- @PatsKarvelas @latingle Good, cos politics are crazy and we need help navigating the insanity. 1 hour ago
- RT @mitchfel: Turnbull saying Australia is “embracing the SSM survey” is like saying a hostage at gun point is “embracing” pissing in a buc… 5 hours ago
- RT @DanielHRLC: Please read this. The UN has just been to Manus. They're calling it a "humanitarian emergency". Enough is enough. Bring the… 5 hours ago
- 'Unacceptable to routinely reject committee's views': Australia grilled on human rights record by UN | SBS News sbs.com.au/news/article/2… 5 hours ago
Laura Cregan on I’m fine! yasminke on I’m fine! James McGrath on I’m fine! maureenshirley on I’m fine! PaulW on I’m fine!
Tag Archives: Uniting Church
It’s a cliché that we can’t choose our family, and that applies to our church family as well. After all, if God has welcomed even us into the family, how can we deny that welcome to others? Continue reading
Looking at the example of Jesus, we can be equally clear that gender equality and the complete condemnation of domestic violence are gospel imperatives. Continue reading
Whenever we find ourselves tired and frustrated by injustice in the world, remember the story of the campaign against slavery. Continue reading
To the great sorrow and shame of the churches, we no longer automatically inspire trust and loyalty and affection in our relationships with children. Continue reading
In the story of David and Jonathan, as in the story of Ruth and Naomi, we see that Jesus’ ancestors valued friendship as highly as Jesus himself did. We are called to follow in the footsteps of them all, and be friends with people across the barriers of age and birthplace and tradition. Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church August 10, 2014; Ordinary 19 Matthew 14:22-33 Listening to today’s gospel reading is one of those times when our twenty-first century Australian mindset can create a problem. Most Australians are happy coastal dwellers, much more … Continue reading
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.