What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- The Mabel Project
- Jason Goroncy
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Living a Different Story
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- #MadAsHell is fabulous tonight. The only positive thing coming out of the #MarriageEquality optional postal poll. 2 hours ago
- @whatamindblast There is. (They filmed bits of one episode at my church.) 2 hours ago
- Thank you so much, Russell Broadbent. I hope other members of parliament imitate your courage and compassion.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- RT @Shahriarhatami1: Dear Australian friends I know you are sick and tired because you heard so much about #Nauru #manus but this is our l… 3 hours ago
- Brunswick Uniting Church. Another reminder that #MarriageEquality is not an attack on churches or Christianity in g… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
avrilhj on Reflection: Why I support Marr… Jan Croggon on Reflection: Why I support Marr… avrilhj on Women in the Uniting Church: B… Pastor Geoff Battle on Women in the Uniting Church: B… mphadventuregirl on Sermon: ‘Even the darkes…
Tag Archives: Uniting Church
Looking at the example of Jesus, we can be equally clear that gender equality and the complete condemnation of domestic violence are gospel imperatives. Continue reading
Whenever we find ourselves tired and frustrated by injustice in the world, remember the story of the campaign against slavery. Continue reading
To the great sorrow and shame of the churches, we no longer automatically inspire trust and loyalty and affection in our relationships with children. Continue reading
In the story of David and Jonathan, as in the story of Ruth and Naomi, we see that Jesus’ ancestors valued friendship as highly as Jesus himself did. We are called to follow in the footsteps of them all, and be friends with people across the barriers of age and birthplace and tradition. Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church August 10, 2014; Ordinary 19 Matthew 14:22-33 Listening to today’s gospel reading is one of those times when our twenty-first century Australian mindset can create a problem. Most Australians are happy coastal dwellers, much more … Continue reading
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.