What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Ladyholder's Blog
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Elenie Poulos
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- Miriam's recipe blog
- A Preacher's Tale
- Meanderings of a Bookish Nature
- RT @oz_f: It’s fascinating what the data bears out: - COVID-19 cases and spreaders are overwhelmingly middle-upper class and white. - Thos… 10 hours ago
- @copycat21c Yes, this was puzzling me. 10 hours ago
- @wrong_jane @ChrisABooth @FatherBob The beginning of his sermon on the use of money talks about ‘gaining all you ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- @ChrisABooth @wrong_jane @FatherBob You can't see any difference between Wesley's “gain all you can, save all you c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- @redrabbleroz @David_Speers Is he hoping that if he says it, it will happen? Because having two separate health sys… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
Avril Hannah-Jones on Covid19 Diary 1 Rev'd Linda Williams on Covid19 Diary 1 Avril Hannah-Jones on Covid19 Diary 2 maureenshirley on Covid19 Diary 2 avrilhj on No need for a Religious…
Monthly Archives: September 2013
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriage? I answer ‘maybe’. What I mean by ‘maybe’ is that marriage should be a state responsibility; that the state should marry both same-sex and different-sex couples; and that the church should bless the relationships … Continue reading
Rev. Peter Weeks argues that, yes, the church should celebrate same-sex relationships at a discussion at Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra St on the 11th of September 2013.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriages? Maybe When it comes to marriage, my head and my heart are split. In the six years that I’ve been a minister of the Uniting Church, and thus a registered religious marriage celebrant, I’ve … Continue reading
Sermon: We are the sheep that God loves passionately, crazily, extravagantly; we are the uniquely valuable coin, whose recovery causes such celebration.
Sermon for Williamstown 15th of September, 2010 Luke 15:1-10 In today’s two parables we find ourselves in the heart of Luke’s Gospel. Christianity would not be the faith we know if it wasn’t for these two stories and the … Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church September 08, 2013 Philemon 1-21 Way back in the sixteenth century, when the Western Church was splitting into Protestant and Catholic, some radicals accused Protestant Reformers like Luther of turning the Bible into a ‘paper … Continue reading