What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- The Mabel Project
- Jason Goroncy
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Living a Different Story
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- #MadAsHell is fabulous tonight. The only positive thing coming out of the #MarriageEquality optional postal poll. 2 hours ago
- @whatamindblast There is. (They filmed bits of one episode at my church.) 2 hours ago
- Thank you so much, Russell Broadbent. I hope other members of parliament imitate your courage and compassion.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- RT @Shahriarhatami1: Dear Australian friends I know you are sick and tired because you heard so much about #Nauru #manus but this is our l… 3 hours ago
- Brunswick Uniting Church. Another reminder that #MarriageEquality is not an attack on churches or Christianity in g… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
avrilhj on Reflection: Why I support Marr… Jan Croggon on Reflection: Why I support Marr… avrilhj on Women in the Uniting Church: B… Pastor Geoff Battle on Women in the Uniting Church: B… mphadventuregirl on Sermon: ‘Even the darkes…
Monthly Archives: September 2013
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriage? I answer ‘maybe’. What I mean by ‘maybe’ is that marriage should be a state responsibility; that the state should marry both same-sex and different-sex couples; and that the church should bless the relationships … Continue reading
Rev. Peter Weeks argues that, yes, the church should celebrate same-sex relationships at a discussion at Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra St on the 11th of September 2013.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriages? Maybe When it comes to marriage, my head and my heart are split. In the six years that I’ve been a minister of the Uniting Church, and thus a registered religious marriage celebrant, I’ve … Continue reading
Sermon: We are the sheep that God loves passionately, crazily, extravagantly; we are the uniquely valuable coin, whose recovery causes such celebration.
Sermon for Williamstown 15th of September, 2010 Luke 15:1-10 In today’s two parables we find ourselves in the heart of Luke’s Gospel. Christianity would not be the faith we know if it wasn’t for these two stories and the … Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church September 08, 2013 Philemon 1-21 Way back in the sixteenth century, when the Western Church was splitting into Protestant and Catholic, some radicals accused Protestant Reformers like Luther of turning the Bible into a ‘paper … Continue reading