What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- Jason Goroncy
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Living a Different Story
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- Stepping String
- @Brocklesnitch @BenAndJerrysOz Should you get said free ice cream, will you be inviting round all Australia's other… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- RT @SimonHendriksen: https://t.co/6MEXM7CQAX 1 hour ago
- RT @ABC: Mom who attended every MBA class with son, who is quadriplegic, surprised at graduation ceremony with honorary MBA. https://t.co/W… 6 hours ago
- RT @BerniceKing: 'Christians' should seriously engage the question, What would Christ do? Then ask, Will I do that or will I dismiss what C… 6 hours ago
- @TimWattsMP @MarkDiStef @rgcooke I forgot to express my concerns about it to my local member when speaking about as… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 hours ago
mphadventuregirl on Sermon: ‘Even the darkes… Sermon: On death | G… on Sermon: On death Nazarene Commentary… on Sermon: Christians behaving… PaulW on Sermon: Responding to the Amer… gazmeister on Reflecting on my mental health…
Monthly Archives: September 2013
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriage? I answer ‘maybe’. What I mean by ‘maybe’ is that marriage should be a state responsibility; that the state should marry both same-sex and different-sex couples; and that the church should bless the relationships … Continue reading
Rev. Peter Weeks argues that, yes, the church should celebrate same-sex relationships at a discussion at Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra St on the 11th of September 2013.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriages? Maybe When it comes to marriage, my head and my heart are split. In the six years that I’ve been a minister of the Uniting Church, and thus a registered religious marriage celebrant, I’ve … Continue reading
Sermon: We are the sheep that God loves passionately, crazily, extravagantly; we are the uniquely valuable coin, whose recovery causes such celebration.
Sermon for Williamstown 15th of September, 2010 Luke 15:1-10 In today’s two parables we find ourselves in the heart of Luke’s Gospel. Christianity would not be the faith we know if it wasn’t for these two stories and the … Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church September 08, 2013 Philemon 1-21 Way back in the sixteenth century, when the Western Church was splitting into Protestant and Catholic, some radicals accused Protestant Reformers like Luther of turning the Bible into a ‘paper … Continue reading