What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- The Mabel Project
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Elenie Poulos
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- RT @MichelleObama: .@GretaThunberg, don’t let anyone dim your light. Like the girls I’ve met in Vietnam and all over the world, you have so… 12 hours ago
- RT @womenslibrary: This blog post from earlier in the year takes a closer look at activism in our collections. Challenges faced by society… 12 hours ago
- @alphabeattweet Och, I’m pretty sure we’d die for each other - but politically we’re at opposite ends of the spectrum. 12 hours ago
- @alphabeattweet Sadly he lives only two hours’ away. He taught my then-toddler nieces to say ‘Hi Tony’ when Abbott… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- RT @AlanBaxter: Now more than ever, be kind. Help whoever you can, wherever, whenever you can. Kindness in this world is an act of revolu… 13 hours ago
Kate on Funeral Reflection for Howard… Max Howland on Reflection: God our Rock Kate on Sermon: A complete puzzle of a… avrilhj on Sermon: Slavery and Biblical… avrilhj on Sermon: Slavery and Biblical…
Monthly Archives: September 2013
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriage? I answer ‘maybe’. What I mean by ‘maybe’ is that marriage should be a state responsibility; that the state should marry both same-sex and different-sex couples; and that the church should bless the relationships … Continue reading
Rev. Peter Weeks argues that, yes, the church should celebrate same-sex relationships at a discussion at Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra St on the 11th of September 2013.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriages? Maybe When it comes to marriage, my head and my heart are split. In the six years that I’ve been a minister of the Uniting Church, and thus a registered religious marriage celebrant, I’ve … Continue reading
Sermon: We are the sheep that God loves passionately, crazily, extravagantly; we are the uniquely valuable coin, whose recovery causes such celebration.
Sermon for Williamstown 15th of September, 2010 Luke 15:1-10 In today’s two parables we find ourselves in the heart of Luke’s Gospel. Christianity would not be the faith we know if it wasn’t for these two stories and the … Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church September 08, 2013 Philemon 1-21 Way back in the sixteenth century, when the Western Church was splitting into Protestant and Catholic, some radicals accused Protestant Reformers like Luther of turning the Bible into a ‘paper … Continue reading