What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- The Mabel Project
- Jason Goroncy
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Living a Different Story
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- Holy Wars - How The Australian targets and attacks its enemies bit.ly/2wvuh2W 1 hour ago
- @PatsKarvelas @latingle Good, cos politics are crazy and we need help navigating the insanity. 1 hour ago
- RT @mitchfel: Turnbull saying Australia is “embracing the SSM survey” is like saying a hostage at gun point is “embracing” pissing in a buc… 5 hours ago
- RT @DanielHRLC: Please read this. The UN has just been to Manus. They're calling it a "humanitarian emergency". Enough is enough. Bring the… 5 hours ago
- 'Unacceptable to routinely reject committee's views': Australia grilled on human rights record by UN | SBS News sbs.com.au/news/article/2… 5 hours ago
Laura Cregan on I’m fine! yasminke on I’m fine! James McGrath on I’m fine! maureenshirley on I’m fine! PaulW on I’m fine!
Monthly Archives: September 2013
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution. Advertisements
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriage? I answer ‘maybe’. What I mean by ‘maybe’ is that marriage should be a state responsibility; that the state should marry both same-sex and different-sex couples; and that the church should bless the relationships … Continue reading
Rev. Peter Weeks argues that, yes, the church should celebrate same-sex relationships at a discussion at Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra St on the 11th of September 2013.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriages? Maybe When it comes to marriage, my head and my heart are split. In the six years that I’ve been a minister of the Uniting Church, and thus a registered religious marriage celebrant, I’ve … Continue reading
Sermon: We are the sheep that God loves passionately, crazily, extravagantly; we are the uniquely valuable coin, whose recovery causes such celebration.
Sermon for Williamstown 15th of September, 2010 Luke 15:1-10 In today’s two parables we find ourselves in the heart of Luke’s Gospel. Christianity would not be the faith we know if it wasn’t for these two stories and the … Continue reading
Sermon for Williamstown Uniting Church September 08, 2013 Philemon 1-21 Way back in the sixteenth century, when the Western Church was splitting into Protestant and Catholic, some radicals accused Protestant Reformers like Luther of turning the Bible into a ‘paper … Continue reading