What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Ladyholder's Blog
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Elenie Poulos
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- Miriam's recipe blog
- A Preacher's Tale
- Meanderings of a Bookish Nature
- RT @georgiedent: "It wasn’t enough that they found the witness believable, compelling, and honest." 1 hour ago
- RT @SquigglyRick: Worth pointing out in all of this that even Pell's legal team took view in the High Court that A (the complainant) should… 1 hour ago
- RT @ShoebridgeMLC: To all the survivors of abuse I want you to know we believe you, we support you and the world has turned. People, if not… 1 hour ago
- @micomight No. Utterly crap. The failing in a centuries’ old legal system that was set up to protect men from accus… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- How does any sex abuser ever get convicted when the requirement is for guilt ‘beyond reasonable doubt’? When it’s o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Avril Hannah-Jones on Covid19 Diary 1 Rev'd Linda Williams on Covid19 Diary 1 Avril Hannah-Jones on Covid19 Diary 2 maureenshirley on Covid19 Diary 2 avrilhj on No need for a Religious…
Tag Archives: homosexuality
I remember that moment and the Presbytery’s unanimous, unquestioning endorsement. Continue reading
From the late nineteen sixties the predecessors of the Uniting Church called for the decriminalisation of male homosexuality, and in the eighties and nineties the leadership of the Uniting Church supported the addition of sexuality to the prohibited grounds of discrimination in equal opportunity legislation. Continue reading
But welcoming eunuchs doesn’t cause of much controversy in the church today. Welcoming other people of non-standard genders and sexualities – gay, lesbian and bisexual people; transgender and intersex people – does. Continue reading
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why he believes marriage is a heterosexual institution.
In this part Rev. Dr Garry Deverell explains why his opposition to same-sex marriages is not an opposition to same-sex relationships.
Should the church celebrate same-sex marriage? I answer ‘maybe’. What I mean by ‘maybe’ is that marriage should be a state responsibility; that the state should marry both same-sex and different-sex couples; and that the church should bless the relationships … Continue reading
Rev. Peter Weeks argues that, yes, the church should celebrate same-sex relationships at a discussion at Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra St on the 11th of September 2013.