What I’ve been reading …
Blogs I Follow
- The Mabel Project
- Jason Goroncy
- Ikani's Blog- Musings, Rantings and Everything else!!!
- Sean F. Winter
- Hesperus Press
- Ladyholder's Blog
- election lab
- Rev Dr Chris Walker
- Seeking, Searching, Sitting in the Sacred
- Anglican Memes
- Andrew F Dutney
- Living a Different Story
- A funny thing happened on the way ...
- The Still Circle
- Getting There... 2 steps forward, 1 back
- The world according to carox
- Holy Wars - How The Australian targets and attacks its enemies bit.ly/2wvuh2W 1 hour ago
- @PatsKarvelas @latingle Good, cos politics are crazy and we need help navigating the insanity. 1 hour ago
- RT @mitchfel: Turnbull saying Australia is “embracing the SSM survey” is like saying a hostage at gun point is “embracing” pissing in a buc… 5 hours ago
- RT @DanielHRLC: Please read this. The UN has just been to Manus. They're calling it a "humanitarian emergency". Enough is enough. Bring the… 5 hours ago
- 'Unacceptable to routinely reject committee's views': Australia grilled on human rights record by UN | SBS News sbs.com.au/news/article/2… 5 hours ago
Laura Cregan on I’m fine! yasminke on I’m fine! James McGrath on I’m fine! maureenshirley on I’m fine! PaulW on I’m fine!
Category Archives: Random Musings
If I am wrong, and religious celebrants are forced by the state to marry any couples, I will be on the barricades and will happily join those celebrants in prison. Continue reading
I may pretend I’m a ‘Bah! Humbug!’ Scrooge, but, really, I’m the Scrooge who wakes up on Christmas morning and goes on a massive shopping spree. Continue reading
From the late nineteen sixties the predecessors of the Uniting Church called for the decriminalisation of male homosexuality, and in the eighties and nineties the leadership of the Uniting Church supported the addition of sexuality to the prohibited grounds of discrimination in equal opportunity legislation. Continue reading
I have twelve bookcases in my two-bedroom flat. I live surrounded by several thousand books – and as long I don’t leave a lighted candle too close to any of them this isn’t a problem. But I also live surrounded by … Continue reading
I have returned from Palestine and Israel a more fervent supporter of the two state solution than I was when I entered it. There must be two states in the Holy Land, where Jews, Christians and Muslims can live in peace. There is no alternative. In support of this, countries like Australia much condemn all breaches of international law, whoever commits them. Continue reading
We’re not a country divided into lifters and leaners. We’re a community of neighbours who care for each other. At least, that’s the Australia I want to be part of.